Wednesday, November 28, 2012

That Damn Needle


I've been very good about needles and giving myself shots.  I actually kind of look forward to them, as it makes me feel like I'm progressing towards my goal.  The only exception is Progesterone.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I started my Progesterone shot today and hope to be doing it every day for many weeks!  But, it's the only one that gives me pain.  Not the needle itself, but the muscle ache afterwards.  I've had two attempted transfers this year (embryos never made it to transfer) and both times I was seriously limping after just a couple of days on progesterone.  I seriously couldn't imagine how I was going to function and move around.  I was having trouble finding new spots that didn't look like golf balls.  Getting in and out of the car was the worst.  I figured out that I did hit too low a couple of times, but even the high shots were very achy.

So here I sit on my heating pad equally dreading and looking forward to more poking and prodding for hopefully last round!

Transfer is set for Monday afternoon.  Texas here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Godspeed with your transfer! Keep us posted :)

    Progesterone shots are pretty painful. I was pretty sore for a while... but I've been on them for 3 weeks now and the soreness is slowly dissipating. So there is hope!

    ReplyDelete