Sunday, September 16, 2012

Here we go!

I had my first visit to the Dallas clinic that will be performing the frozen embryo transfer (FET).  I had the opportunity to meet the very generous couple who are donating!  It was a great visit.  We all believe that these embryos are life and we want to give them the very best opportunity to have a wonderful future in my family.  I'm so grateful for them.

We are going to have a open relationship and discussed how we thought that would work.  There is another couple who also received embryos from this couple and had twins (the donors had twins too).  Unfortunately, the other couple doesn't want to have direct contact with me.  But, hopefully that will change in the future.

I flew out on Thursday and went to dinner at a busy sports bar in Bedford that has a great patio to watch the game.  It was actually chilly, which is surprising considering the temperature at home (hot!).  The trip home consisted of many hours in the airport and an hour sitting on the runway (boo to AA), but it was all worth it.

We're off to a great start!  




1 comment:

  1. Excited to follow your journey! Would you email me. My contact info is on our blog. We are an EA family too. www.RoomForMoreKiddos.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete