Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good News!

So, I've been waiting to post my good news because I thought I could combine with a projection of my timeline.  But, alas, there is more waiting.  The good news is that the egg donor was tested for the genetic deletion and she was clear!  So, both genetic parents are clear and this deletion is "de novo" and not a risk to the other embryos.  We are back on track!

The frustration I have is with the efficiency of the RE office.  I've worked with a few in my time, so I know that none are perfect.  However, this round is particularly frustrating.  And this is coming from someone who has gone all the way through the paperwork phase with a Russian adoption.  Sometimes I want to jump through the phone to introduce the concept of a checklist.  These are all the things that need to be done, so start working on them now.  Instead, each is given one at a time and the replies take several days or weeks and then a new step is introduced.  Really?  Is this the first time you've done this?  I'll give it one more week before I ask the donors to allow me to transfer the embryos to California.  It's been a very long road, but this last stretch is particularly difficult.  Lord, please give me patience!

IF we are able to get through this last (really the last?) step this week, then I can start my Lupron on Friday and I believe my transfer would be Thanksgiving week!  


2 comments:

  1. I had a clinic that was difficult to work with as well. I was actually very glad when things fell through just so I didn't have to go through them. I hope that you get some answers soon and are able to start your cycle. Or if not, that the donors agree to ship the embryos to you. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any updates? Were you able to proceed?

    ReplyDelete